Saturday 23 February 2008

Question of the Week Feb. 18th

Thank god for a small break on Monday! and very happy birthday to America's first president George Washington on Friday!

For this week's question of the week, I thought I tackle other person's question and maybe answer it - the question was -
How can we learn to control our thoughts to lower the levels of immobilizing anxiety and stress that rob us of our energy and ability to focus and regain our productivity?!

I believe this question was asked by a lady who works at a law firm in DC, and I feel really bad for her sometimes just by listening to her office stories; I feel like she's going through a lot and she always seems a bit gloomy. But at the same time I feel like she needs to communicate more with her co-workers and have more of an optimistic mindset at work (which probably would be hard if I was in her shoes).

My mother always told me people who have more knowledge are less emotional and have more control over themselves; I may not be translating her meaning exactly the same as she means it in my native language, but I am trying to say if one has more knowledge and wisdom, one looks at situations with more perspectives to handle the situation in a right way.

Just like that quote "There are people who handle situations and there are people who are handled by situations" on the first page of the last powerpoint print out, a successful leader can not be carried away by a silly emotion (although many times it seems inevitable to best of people).

No comments: